Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Impact of Stories and Blogs

Below, on a post this week from Katherine, she told students an amazing story which she allowed me to share with you -- but the story grew today to utterly unexpected levels due to a reader's response and an entire family's history has changed. I am speechless.

Read "Do You Want To Hear Some Stories" first --

This is the result of sharing that information which is worthy of this separate post -
Katherine Powell writes -

I checked the Holocaust Memorial archives when I was there in '97, and I also checked Yad Vashem's database a few years ago and turned up nothing. After reading this comment, I checked Yad Vashem again, and found this:

Gisela Herz was born in Koeln, Germany in 1925 to Hermann and Ellen. She was single. Prior to WWII she lived in Koeln, Germany. During the war was in Koeln, Germany. Gisela died in Minsk, Belorussia. This information is based on a Page of Testimony submitted on 27/09/1999 by her researcher, a Shoah survivor.
How amazing to finally have some information. Thanks Joe for posting this story, and thanks anonymous for suggesting another search.
Katherine

Just one more comment --- I must thank my brother David, who sent me the speech to begin with. He showed me a story that needed telling. Thanks, bro -- who knew??

No comments:

Post a Comment