So I'm having coffee and catching up on my morning reading and considering ideas from the past few days to talk about and then I see it.
I've been selected by Newscoma (along with most every blogger I personally know here in ET) to answer a few questions in a tag-list and present some personal details to readers. I was actually working on the perpetual puzzle of why it is that serious posts I make, say the corruption and greed in the state's school board association (oh, the children, Joe, the children!!), gets little attention but a picture of a big bunny brings readers and comments in droves.
In my unschooled web-walking, I have found indeed that a site with pictures of people's cats or dogs or hamsters or bunnies get far more visitors than anything else. Maybe I should rename this page "Cat of Joe Bunny".
But I'm avoiding the tag game. So here we go - as I understand it, I pick five others to answer these same queries, but that list will appear at the end of all this.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
- Using a 114K modem to access the internet, which was like watching paint dry.
- Being on call 24/7 as a radio news director.
- Working with some incredibly talented friends on a half-hour comedy show for public access TV in Knoxville and also performing with them in a touring improv comedy act, both called "Full Frontal Comedy". ("Jurassic Pork Sausage" and "Elmo's Topless Clogging Bar" were the things I was writing then.)
What were you doing 1 year ago?
- Using a cable modem to access the internet, which is like sliding down a bobsled run compared to that 114K modem.
- Working solo to write, produce, and host a morning talk radio show which was so good it terrified the guilty and entertained everyone in 100 mile radius awake and listening to the radio. Yes, I was and am that damn good. Though the worldwide broadcasting the internet allows is much more satisfying.
-Taking a lot of naps and moving into a new apartment.
-About three months away from seeing the radio station where I was working get sold to someone who would fire me in the middle of a show so the guilty could get back to business and local voices would be silenced.
-Playing the "Star Wars: Bounty Hunter" game a lot. And "Hot Shots Golf 3".
Five Snacks You Enjoy
-Um, let's see ... if it's food I like it. What makes it a snack? That it isn't served on a plate or with silverware???
-Any kind of chip in a bag.
-And I'm with Newscoma on the plain ol' Hershey's chocolate.
-Is that five yet? No? Then I'l have some more chocolate, thanks!
Five Songs To Which You Know All The Lyrics
- Anything by the Beatles
-I think I know most of all the lyrics to "Thick As A Brick" by Jethro Tull
- "When I Paint My Masterpiece" by Bob Dylan
-"Summer Wind" by Sinatra
-"Where It's At" Beck
- And no, I will not sing for you.
Five Things You Would Do If You Were A Millionaire
- Live on a yacht
- Buy an Arriflex movie camera
- Edit the footage on an Avid computer system
- Give some money away
Five Bad Habits
- I started smoking cigars after I had been off cigarettes for four years and boy is my doctor mad.
- I often like people.
Five Things You Would Never Wear Again
- Um, I hardly am a fashionable or stylish person. I still like t-shirts and jeans and tennis shoes. So I don't wear a tie unless it is an emergency. But I wouldn't ever wear those stupid stack shoes that I and everyone wore in the mid-70s like we was pimps or Huggy Bear or something. I'm still not sure why I caved into that particular type of footwear, so I blame peer pressure. I would however gladly wear those black and white checkered Vans again if I could find them, even though they look really stupid.
Five Favorite Toys
- This computer
- And I don't play with them, but I have a couple of cool looking Silver Surfer action figures and a few Buffy the Vampire Slayer items which are still sealed up in their boxes but on display. The Silver Surfers, however, are not boxed up. Kind of kills the thrill of surfing to be boxed up.
- My PlayStation2, though mostly I use it nowadays to play DVDs.
- My CD player.
Ok, now for who I would like to answer these same questions.