When Stephen King was asked about the 3 things on his "must-do list" I think he spoke for most of us when he said:
""I'd like to outlast George W. Bush's second term of office."
I ponder that notion daily. I hope it is survived by many and grieve for those who have not and won't make that mark. HIs 3rd wish:
"3. To see "American Idol" canceled."
Also in this Newsweek report (hat-tip to R. Neal at KnoxViews for the story) the former Tennessee senator listed these 3:
"1. Continue yearly trip to African regions without health care to perform needed surgery.
2. Fight AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis, and work to provide clean drinking water to poor areas.
3. Treat heart problems in gorillas at D.C.'s National Zoo."
No mention of running for Governor. Maybe it's number 4. I personally fear for those gorillas.
My list of 3 Must Do's?
1. Travel and stay for extended periods in Europe, Japan, Hong Kong, Tibet, Egypt, and even more countries around the globe. This plan is all on hold until W. leaves office. The write a book about what I saw and heard.
2. Make the scariest horror movie anyone has ever seen.
3. Employ some of my longtime friends making said movie and sharing huge profits with them all.
What's on your list?